[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:35:27 UTC 2006

I know it seems easier to upgrade than to fix the problem, but some people
have issues with high PCs and 0.19...

A 1.6Ghz Duron with MX440 was enough for me to play HD on 0.18...  Now my
setup that was working in 0.18 on my P4 2.4 with FX5200 isn't working
without prebuffering anymore.

Why is the NVP starving, buffer are not big enough?  Backend isn't pushing
enough data?

I'm pretty sure 0.19 has an issue with that, I'm running 40% idle with 10
Prebuffering pause a second.  NVP seems the cause of the problem.  NVP is
the nuppel video player right?

Steve M.