[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Firewire changing Node ID
normdugas at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 23 18:50:01 UTC 2006
Steven Adeff wrote:
> mental note: don't move to a territory Shaw provides cable...
> as for your issue, you shouldn't have to unload the firewire modules,
> unplugging the cable box from the firewire cable should be enough to
> reset it. As for the node change, from what I understand its something
> the 6412 determines, so it may not be possible to do anything about.
> Your best bet may be to minimize the possibility of the 6412 from
> turning off so you don't have this problem under normal conditions.
Here's what normally gets me going but I may not thave the order right:
- stop mythbackend
- unplug the firewire cable from BOTH the pc and 6412
- plug the 6412 end
- plug the pc end
- plugreport to ensure it's on NodeID (this is the only one that will work)
- run the fix_node script (plugctl commands that were suggested by you
Steve some time ago which helped a great deal)
- test-mpeg2 - if stuff on screen, it's a go. If not, do the dance again
- once all things are ok, restart mythbackend.
The only time I'll unload modules is when I'm away from home and trying
to fix things remotely but this rarely works. It's the cable reseat
that tends to make things right.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More information about the mythtv-users