[mythtv-users] some ATI modelines and connection methods

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:39:52 UTC 2006

Dan Wilga wrote:
> There's a longstanding (about 6-8 months, anyway) bug in the ATI
> drivers that prevents any adjustments to screen size or position from
> working with TV Out. This worked in older versions of the driver, but
> they had so many other problems they were unusable IMHO.

Thanks for that info; I thought that's what it was.  After checking
rage3d forums, etc, it seemed that overscan is something people have
been waiting for ATI to fix for a while now.  Another poster, Robin,
says that xv works with the plain x provided radeon drivers though.
Perhaps I can get those drivers running and check out if playing with
modelines with that driver helps anything.
Raphael