[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Fri Feb 24 04:52:57 UTC 2006

> Can you answer some questions, please about your setup and xvmc?

Certainly.

> I presume that you are using an nvidia card.

Yup, Geforce MX440. Not a great card, I know... But has an Svideo out
(for my SD TV) and at the time was cheap enough.

> When you run configure for mythtv, does it report that it will use
-lXvMCW or -lXvMCNvidia
> (or -lNvidiaXvMC whichever it is)

Sorry, I am an old Linux geek, but for a box such as this one I just use
Fedora with atrpms packages. I've never built MythTV because I just
don't want to be on the bleeding edge with a box my wife and kids use!
:) So the answer to this one is "I don't know".

> Does your /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file have a line saying something like
> "libNvidiaXvMC.so.x.x.x.x"

Yep, libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1