[mythtv-users] Correct way to de-int NTSC on nVidia MX440?

Terence Tan calroth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:29:04 UTC 2006

On 24/02/06, zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com <zoiks2004-ivtv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In any event, my main problem remains: syncing myth's
> output to the TV so I can use bob deinterlace.  Has
> anyone managed to do this with nVidia S-Video (SD)
> output?

Some notes on TV output and deinterlacing are at
http://vaggen.net/~bjornko/interlace.php - there are also some test
patterns on that site, so try them out, they may help you get a
sharper image.

I found that for the sharpest image from my GeForce FX 5200 tv-out, I
had to use nvidia-settings to turn overscan off and turn the flicker
filter off. Either one of those would blur and soften the image. The
obvious trade-off is, no overscan.

Also, for interlaced output (such as tv-out), no deinterlacing should
be necessary. Although you can read the above page and decide for
yourself.

 -Terence