[mythtv-users] DPI setting wont take

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Fri Feb 24 12:22:43 UTC 2006

I am trying to change the DPI setting from the default 75 x 75 to 24 x
19, which should be the correct setting according to the nvidia driver
(taken from the EDID data when my screen was connected through a DVI-
HDMI) connector. My 32" screen is currently connected through VGA using
a 1360x768 resolution. Problem is that the driver and/or X will not use
my custom DPI setting:

(II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1360 x 768
(==) NVIDIA(0): DPI set to (75, 75)

I have the following lines in my xorg.conf device settings section:

        Option "UseEdidDpi" "FALSE"
        Option "DPI" "24 x 19"

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Greetings,