[mythtv-users] Upgrade of ivtv using atrpms broke mypvr-150

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Feb 24 12:47:04 UTC 2006

>>> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net 02/23/06 8:31 AM >>>
> Did you check
>
> http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Fedora
>
> There was a posting here some while ago about being
> careful with what you put in the alias lines. Check the
> docs at the link.

Yep, checked that.  Still no luck.  Argh.

This is the ivtv section of modprobe.conf:

alias char-major-81 ivtv
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias tda9887 tda9887-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

It makes no mention of the alias for char-major-81,
but I've tried it with and without it, still no /dev/video??
devices are created and the pvr-150 which was working fine,
and works in a windows machine, isn't being loaded correctly.

Paul