[mythtv-users] mythmusic questions

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:06:37 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded to myth 0.19 and decided to try out mythmusic. I
have some questions

There was talk last year of allowing music to continue playing while
viewing photos. Did this ever happen, and if so how do I enable it?

Similarly, is there now a clock available in the menus?

I have some playlists in .m3u format from other players. Is it
possible to convert these to use in myth? I tried this using a script
to insert entries into musicplaylists, which half works - the playlist
appears and plays, but displays a message "Something is wrong", so
I've obviously missed something.

I have random visualizations set. Every so often I get a black screen
with a question mark in it instead. How do I find out what is missing?

It would be nice to be able to start playing from within the music
setup screen (e.g. by pressing play). Is this currently possible?

Finally, I'd like to have all artists whose names begin with
punctuation or numbers to be put in the same top level box, rather
than be given their own box. I would suggest ignoring leading
punctuation altogether, but that fails for bands such as '!!!'.

In case it matters I'm running myth 0.19 upgraded from 0.18, with
hardly any settings changed. The main theme is myxer, while the OSD is
the newest isthmus.

Regards,

Chris