[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl (was Re: 0.19 Program Guide slowness...)

Todd Hutchinson tahutchinson_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 14:32:06 UTC 2006

Thanks everyone--but, this did not seem to solve my
problem.

Here are my results for the time to load the listings
page on mythweb:

Before running optimize_mythdb.pl: 27s
After running optimze_mythdb.pl in contrib: 27s
After adding analyze and running mythdb.pl: 27s
After adding the following to /etc/my.cnf: 12s
   key_buffer = 48M
   max_allowed_packet = 8M
   table_cache = 128
   sort_buffer_size = 48M
   net_buffer_length = 8M
   thread_cache_size = 4
   query_cache_type = 1
   query_cache_size = 4M

With the settings in my.cnf, if I click listings a
second time, it only takes 5s to load.

In all of the above cases, most of the time is spent
with mysqld running at very high CPU usage (> 80%).

Does anyone else have timing numbers for how long it
takes to load "listings"?  I have 83 channels set up.
Maybe the slow load time is normal with this many
channels?