[mythtv-users] What is your video ouput card for your tv ?

Graham Wood mythtv-users at spam.dragonhold.org
Fri Feb 24 15:23:24 UTC 2006

On Fri, February 24, 2006 15:05, Raphael Pooser wrote:
> Yes, but the original link provided by Guillame shows a vga to scart
> connector.  As far as I know, NTSC doesn't use scart connectors in its
> various cables.
Ahh - I didn't know that.  One of the modelines in the URL you quoted is
an NTSC resolution, so I had assumed that SCART was used
'over there' too.

When I looked into this a while back, I found a description of how each
developed out of the other - Potted summary is that NTSC came first, PAL
was designed to overcome colour shift problems, and SECAM was
invented by the french for political/economic reasons rather than
technical.

http://www.videointerchange.com/pal_secam_conversions.htm seems a pretty
good view of the different standards.

Composite is going to be a bit of a bugger - since you are probably going
to have to re-combine the different signals into a single output, I
probably wouldn't want to try that with my level of electronics knowledge
*grin*.  If your TV has RGB inputs in any form, then that should be pretty
much the same answer as the scart (but to the three inputs instead of the
single scart plug).