[mythtv-users] What is your video ouput card for your tv ?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:27:23 UTC 2006

Graham Wood wrote:

> http://www.videointerchange.com/pal_secam_conversions.htm seems a pretty
> good view of the different standards.

That is interesting info, thanks.  NTSC has the lowest resolution, too,
of course, darn.
> Composite is going to be a bit of a bugger - since you are probably going
> to have to re-combine the different signals into a single output, I
> probably wouldn't want to try that with my level of electronics knowledge
> *grin*.  If your TV has RGB inputs in any form, then that should be pretty
> much the same answer as the scart (but to the three inputs instead of the
> single scart plug).

Yes, that would make life so much easier.  My last TV had a vga
connector, so I just used a monitor vga cable.  sigh, why can't it
always be that easy... lol.
However, Cory provided some relevant info.  It looks like for the NTSC
signal we can convert the vga after it leaves the graphics card, using
an AD724.  I knew getting mythtv working properly would come down to a
soldering iron :)  Well here goes nothin'.
Raphael