[mythtv-users] More problems than it's worth?

Urban Nightmare urban at inetdesign.org
Fri Feb 24 16:55:07 UTC 2006

James Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 24 February 2006 10:37, James Minihane wrote:
>> Initially I thought MythTV was THE ANSWER. But reading these lists, it
>> seems that MythTV is more of a headache than a godsend. I'm not about to
>> invest a few thousand in hardware into a problem ridden system.
>> Here's the question...
>> How many of you actually use MythTV to...
>> Time delay live TV, watch DVDs, schedule recordings, listen to music, and
>> view pictures and actually have things work without reboots etc?

I've been using MythTV for almost two years now (since version .13).
I've had it running in my living room and xbox in my bonus room for
about a year and a half.  Both my wife and I can't live without it.  We
are constantly pausing live tv to run to the bathroom or the fridge or
to tend to the kids.  She was a little worried about the expense as I
didn't put it in the living room until I had worked out the bugs but now
she can't live with out it.  The only problem I've run into are my own
fault.

I've just recently got my work mate to get a new system and his wife was
the same as mine.  But after only a week of having a stable system (it
took a week to get it there and for him to have the knowledge to get
thing going) she can't live with out it now.  Especially the MythWeb
which she can schedule recordings from work.

Stephen