[mythtv-users] Can I use both firewire ports on a DCT-6200?

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:45:14 UTC 2006

I am building a MythTV network at home.  Right now I have one frontend in
the living room and a backend in a closet.  The backend is connected to a
Cox Cable DCT-6200 series box via firewire.  This works great.

Long term, I plan to have two more frontends.  On the backend, I will need
four input streams (3 for live TV and one for recording).  If I expand in
the same manner that I have now, I will need four DCT6200's.

However, each 6200 has at least two internal tuners (to support picture in
picture) and two firewire ports.  Is it possible to tap both firewire ports
at the same time?

If so, it would sure reduce my monthly expenses.