[mythtv-users] Problem with Mythtv sound

Scott Croft scott.croft at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 02:43:36 UTC 2006

Further to my mail below I had assumed that the TV card was always
outputting sound.  After testing further it seems that I only have audio out
the TV card audio jack when I test it with fc4 TV time viewer.  When I
switch to Mythtv I am not getting sound out the audio jack of the TV card.
Any help would be appreciated as I am stumped and do not really know that
much about how the audio configuration works.

Thanks, Scott

__________________________________

I am having a problem getting any sound with Mythtv.  I have sound from the
video card to the onboard sound card, and can hear the sound with TVtime
viewer in fc4.  I can play back audio just fine with the following command:
"/usr/bin/aplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup.wav" as per instructions.
When I start Mythtv I get no sound.  The best I can do is a very little
static.  I believe I have followed all the instructions from wilsonet.com
and have tried to set the audio controls in the kMix settings as well as at
the command line with no luck.  Have tried all kinds of settings in Mythtv
configuration menu.  The audio device is available and gives no errors when
starting Mythtv.  I believe it must be a very simple setting, possibly in
the mixer settings, but I can not seem to find it.

O/S: FC4
CPU: AMD 64 +3200
Sound: NVIDIA on motherboard
1Gig ram