[mythtv-users] SOLVED System Load/Performance Question

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 25 03:16:49 UTC 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:

> On 2/24/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd be interested to know what host bridge chipset you have, I'm
>> trying to accumulate data on as many as I can.
>>
>> My Dell with an Intel Tehama chipset (82850 850) behaves the same as
>> yours, everything seems defaulted to 64 except for the graphics card
>> (248) and the IDE interfaces and the bridges, which are zero. I think
>> it has something to do with the way the bridges interact with the PCI
>> system.
>>
>> Clearly we need more information on this. Like so many of the "fixes"
>> we find, they work for some folks and not others. I think there are
>> more variables than we are currently aware of that affect this
>> matter.
>
> It is an nForce2 IGP chipset.  Same response on two different nForce2
> systems I have while a Via based system responded like you stated for
> your Via system.

Hmmm...

Different chipsets seem to behave differently, not surprising I guess.

I've got a new system with an nForce3 250Gb chipset on order from
Monarch, Guess I'll see how it behaves, but I'm not intending to run
Myth on it (FX60 CPU, would probably make mincemeat out of HD video :-))

If we get enough data points perhaps some patterns will emerge.