[mythtv-users] How To Telnet In (Was: KnoppMyth, too good to be true?)

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sat Feb 25 21:21:45 UTC 2006

Forgive if this is a duplicate. (Mail glitch here.)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:56:31 -0800, Alexander Fisher
<alexjfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Umm, no.  That'll be the broadcast address.  Are you sure it runs a
> telnet server and not an ssh server instead?  Give a program called
> nmap a go.  It can very quickly scan a local network and tell you
> exactly what services are running on which hosts.  If you need an ssh
> client for Windows, download a copy of putty.

NMAP -- cool. I found my myth box at 192.168.1.1.

Buuut.

The only service open is http on port 80.

Dammit. Now what?

Odd thing about the black screen: The monitor light is still green,
suggesting that it's still getting a signal.