[mythtv-users] best quality capture card for software encoding?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:46:55 UTC 2006

> What settings are you using (resolution/bitrate)? I'm constantly
> impressed with my PVR cards (350/150) and their quality output. I'd be
> very surprised if using a dumb framegrabber and software encoding
> resulted in higher quality output than using a card engineered
> specifically for this purpose.
>
> Nick

To take that a step further:

I'm constantly dis-appointed in the quality of my cheapo frame-grabber
crap cards.  To make it even suckier, it has no audio onboard so I run
a patch cable from the audio out to the Line-In on my soundcard.  It
gives this beautiful "hiss" when I watch it.

I'm in the process of dumping these cards on ebay and getting a PVR flavor.

Chad