[mythtv-users] gmail users Re: Chanell changing problem over firewire using sa3250ch

Ken Beal kenbeal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 23:42:55 UTC 2006

I ask this with all due respect: why is the size of the email of any
concern?

For new people to the list (like me; I just signed up a few minutes ago and
already have 7 emails!), it is very helpful to have the entire conversation
contained in the response that I'm reading, so I don't have to scratch my
head and waste time wandering over to the archives to see the previous
pieces of the conversation.

So there's at least two very good reasons to keep it the way it is:
information stays in one place, and the burden on the reader is reduced.

Could you please enlighten me with your reasons for wanting to reduce the
email size?

I'm serious; I'm not being antagonistic, but that may not show through in
text so I'm disclaiming it with this paragraph.

Sincerely,
Ken Beal

PS Because you (or one of the previous responders) already trimmed the below
email, I do not know if you have already stated your reasons, and am
therefore at risk of being slightly antagonistic by not looking them up in
the archives right now.  However, I'm hoping that this instantiates my
point, as opposed to just describing it.