[mythtv-users] Remote key bindings - Whats yours??

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 26 01:34:50 UTC 2006

On 02/25/06 19:58, Nick wrote:

>On 26/02/06, JDeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the reply. Well to answer your quick question, I wanted users
>>to know that I was using mplayer instead of xine. The commands might be
>>different.

OK, well the commands I gave you are for mythtv, not for mplayer or
xine.  Also, in case this is the source of confusion, MythTV does *not*
use xine or MPlayer for playback of recordings.  MythVideo *can* be
configured to use xine or MPlayer for playback of videos, but this
setting has no effect on MythTV.

>> Thanks for letting me know what your key bindings are. Ill
>>try those.
>>
>'man mplayer' gives a list of keyboard controls that you can use with
>LIRC to control it.
>
>Xine users can check ~/.xine/keymap for similar information.

Actually, xine users should run:

xine --keymap=lirc

to get a skeleton lircrc that they update with the appropriate
remote/button names.

Mike