[mythtv-users] gmail users Re: Chanell changing problem over firewire using sa3250ch

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Feb 26 01:43:14 UTC 2006

Ken Beal wrote:
> Okay, so the answer to my polite request is that bandwidth is a
> concern.  The example given was 50 KB, so I'll focus on that: 50 KB

> the responder, who must spend more time deleting text than I spent
> typing this text up here.  My time is valuable, and I would like to
> spend it getting value from, and adding value to, a user community.  Not
> deleting text.

The issue is not as much bandwidth as efficiency.  As the reader, I do
not have the time to parse through 1000 quoted words to read the three
words someone replies with.  I simply delete all messages that are not
trimmed.

What do people do more?  Read messages or post messages?  If you want to
insist on the time required to delete the text, you are talking about
one person saving a couple seconds compared to 100's or 1000's of people
saving time reading the message.