[mythtv-users] Transcoding and aspect ratio (DVB-T)

Sun Feb 26 11:50:50 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I noticed a previous question on this topic, but couldn't find any answers.
I record in MPEG2 from DVB-T. The files are usually 720x576, and usually
with a 16:9 aspect ratio (sometimes 4:3 programmes are transmitted in
4:3 but more often in 16:9 with side bars, it seems).
When I transcode them to MPEG4, the aspect ratio is reset to 4:3 -- it
seems that mythtranscode is not setting the aspect ratio correctly in
the transcoded nuv file, or perhaps is not extracting it properly from
the TS MPEG2, or both.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have a solution?

Thanks,

Ian.