[mythtv-users] Scheduling same program o 2 inputs

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Feb 26 22:32:50 UTC 2006

> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> At this point, mythweb said that 996 was scheduled but mythfrontend said
>> BOTH 6 and 996 were. Using mythweb, I tried to add the schedule on
>> channel
>> 6 (again) with the intention of bumping the priority to force the
>> incorrect 996 conflict to just go away. No joy :(
>>
>> After 10 minutes of hair pulling I could NOT get the program to schedule
>> on channel 6 - every time mythfrontend reported BOTH set, no conflicts,
>> despite removing all attempts at scheduling, and mythweb insisted that
>> the
>> recording was scheduled on channel 996.
>
> Do those two channels have the same xmltvid (even if on different
> lineups)? I have seen some strange and kind of similar behavior in cases
> like that, but I don't know how to describe it properly... It's like in
> some places the two showings were treated as one and the same.
>
> Bolek

Yes - the two inputs have the xmltvid as they are indeed the same channel
- just from different sources.

I've now just tried to change the Rank of the tuner channels by setting
them to '-5' but the value doesn't seem to 'stick' - it always get set
back to 0. I can't find a 'rank' value in the channels table, only a
'recpriority' and setting that in the database still displays 0 in the
Rank field, there being no field labelled recpriority on the setup
interface.

Its looking more and more as though I have a crap database - I've already
got a problem in setting the external channel change script as no input
field is displayed for my pvrx50, as though its being treated as a DVB
card :-(

--
Robin Gilks