[mythtv-users] Global picture adjustment

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Feb 26 23:47:47 UTC 2006

Thomas Baker wrote:
> I would like to adjust the picture settings (brightness/contrast/etc.)
> all at once, same setting for every channel.  This seems like possibly a
> SQL insert command, but I am not very familiar with Myth's database.  If
> anyone who has done this can let me know what command they used it would
> be very helpful and also, if i'm on the completely wrong track with this
> issue, some guidance would be appreciated.

I use a script to reinitialize my channel table it it changes.

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv -hnordtv mythconverg << EOF
update channel set
 contrast   = 20100,
 brightness = 34275,
 colour     = 32768,
 hue        = 32768
 where chanid < 2000;
update channel set
 contrast   = 26500,
 brightness = 30750,
 colour     = 32768,
 hue        = 32768
 where chanid > 2000;

...[etc. then tweak individual channels]...

EOF

--  bjm