[mythtv-users] gmail users Re: Chanell changing problem over

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 27 02:56:44 UTC 2006

> On 2/26/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> > If you had to ask exactly how to comply then you're either an idiot or yo=
> > don't read anything on this list, because this subject comes up every wee=
> > or
> > two.  It's mentioned over and over again:  "Top-Post and trim the email
> > you're replying to so only the relevant portions remain".
>
> That's great - except I recall plenty of e-mails mentioning not top-posting
> and none (prior to Issac's) mentioning the need to trim your e-mails.  I'm

Well, in this case, I'm the idiot.  I read that email over 2-3 times before
sending it and I still missed the missing "Don't" in front of the words
"top-post". :)

> Where to start.... My e-mail *was* legible, apparently what the mail system
> did with it wasn't.  Except, here's what "legible" means:
>
> legible  Main Entry: *leg=B7i=B7ble*
> <javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?legibl01.wav=3Dlegible')>
> Pronunciation: 'le-j&-b&l
> Function: *adjective*
> Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin *legibilis, *from Latin *legere =
> read
> *1* *:* capable of being read or deciphered *:
> PLAIN<http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/plain>
> *
> *2* *:* capable of being discovered or understood
> - *leg=B7i=B7bil=B7i=B7ty*
> <javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?legibl02.wav=3Dlegibility')> /
> "le-j&-'bi-l&-tE/ *noun*
> - *leg=B7i=B7bly* <javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?legibl03.wav=3Dlegi=
> bly')>/
> 'le-j&-blE/ *adverb

You're giving that as an example of legible?  The definition you're giving
isn't even legible.

> *So, you see, it was legible - you could both read it, and decipher it.
> That's right, decIpher it, not decYpher it.  Learn how to spell, get a spell
> checker, or just read my e-mail - I spelled it correctly.  Good job, college
> boy.

Who said I went to college.  I did, but that's beside the point.  I don't
nitpick others spellings and don't care if others nitpick mine.  I can admit
mistakes as I did in the top of this email. :)  If only I could delete that
original from the archives, because I know it's going to screw somebody up
sometime, even if it's 2 years from now.

--
Chris