[mythtv-users] irblaster + homebrew receiver

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:29:04 UTC 2006

On 26/02/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to use a homebrew receiver on one serial port,
> > and an irblaster on another port?
>
> Yes. Its two different services and can easily run on two ports. I think the
> hard thing would be to run it all on one port.

It's actually very easy. After soldering an irblaster.info Tx and a
zapway.de Rx onto the same serial connector (my Pundit-R has only 1
serial port) it runs on a single instance of LIRC. You just need to
ensure that LIRC was compiled with the 'with-transmitter' flag to
enable the use of a transmitter.

Running 2 instances of LIRC for separate Tx/Rx is also very
straightforward. I opted to go this route on a slave machine with 2
serial ports, using the ledxmit script to create a second instance of
LIRC with non-conflicting modules.

Nick