[mythtv-users] knopp-myth + mplayer Q

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 27 19:09:58 UTC 2006

Cecil Watson wrote:

>yan seiner wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know where to put additional/new codecs for the version of
>>mplayer that ships with knopp-myth?
>>
>>I tried /usr/local/share but mplayer is not picking them up....
>>
>>--Yan
>>

>If you've read the MPlayer docs (hint hint hint), you'd see that codecs
>go in /usr/lib/codecs or /usr/local/lib/codecs and /usr/lib/win32 (if I
>remember correctly on this one and a few other possible locations).

OK, thanks.... I've never run across that in the mplayer docs, but I
must not have looked too closely....   There is no codecs dir on either
of my knopp-myth boxes, so I figured that they chose a different
location....

>However, you have to recompile MPlayer to take advantage of additional
>codecs.

Bah humbug!  That's what I was trying to avoid....

>If you search the forum, you'll find a write up on recompiling
>MPlayer.  However, if you read the most excellent MPlayer docs it
>contains all you need to know.

OK, I'll grab the sources and go from there....  I was trying to be lazy...

--Yan