[mythtv-users] lirc config for PVR-350...missing?

Lee McLain lee.mclain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:10:39 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,
   I am following Jarod's HOWTO for FC4 and have run into a problem with
lirc.

   I have installed the lirc file as per the instructions and everything
seems fine until I get to the part where it's talking about the different
remotes for the PVR-350.  I have the "older black and gray" version with the
four colored buttons surrounding the volume and channel buttons.  The
following step:

For the older grey and black remote:
# cp /usr/share/doc/ivtv-*/lircd-g.conf /etc/lircd.conf

does not work.  The file does not exist.  I tried to continue with the setup
from there, but when I start lircd, I get no output and when I try to run
irw, it says:

connect: No such file or directory

 and then it does nothing else.  Any ideas where I can get the correct
config file and will this fix my problem?

   I am running FC4-2.6.15-1.1831_FC4 on an Athlon 2600, 512mb RAM, PVR-350
and a GeForce 5200 video card.

Thanks,
Lee