[mythtv-users] different audio levels for PVR 350 & 150?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:19:21 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/27/2006 03:47 PM, Jeff Thurston wrote:
>
>> My sincere apologies to everyone.
>>

> No harm--only really becomes an issue for repeat offenders.  Just
> mentioning the issue.  Also, this list prefers bottom posting (and
> trimming to leave only the relevant portions of the message).

Arrgh,  considering the looooooong and somewhat funny thread that was
out on saturday, that had half the mythtv-users list posting an opinion
about top posting, cross quoting, not trimming, trimming too much,
calling each other idiots, telling each other to get off high horses,
and various forms of, "do you know who you're talking to?!", I think we
should now put this "introduction" to the list into an automatically
sent introductory email.  Lol, that thread was hilarious, but maybe it's
for the better if a thread like that never happens again.  If anyone
wants to tell me where to send it to, I would be glad to write an intro
to mythtv-users that gives some directives and even includes an example
or two on how to trim and post replies below, etc.   .....I'm being
serious here.  The wiki is probably not a place for this because most
people come here first and then get told to check the wiki afterwards.
We really do have a lot of emails, everytime someone is new, saying
"here's what we prefer, search the archives to see".  Of course most of
the time new users don't search the archives with posting preferences in
mind....  Anyway I'll be glad to write this up if a certain list
maintainer is interested.
Raphael