[mythtv-users] Please please help me

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 28 01:27:54 UTC 2006

On 02/27/2006 08:13 PM, N.E.Whiteford wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Dawning Sky wrote:
>> On 2/27/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you guys talking about the same problem as the OP?  In the OP's
>>> case, his machine is simply failing to respond to (keyboard) input, but
>>> LiveTV continues to play.
>>>
>> Right, LiveTV continues to play.  Mythfrontend doesn't respond to the remote
>> or keyboard input.  Cannot change channel, exit LiveTV, or anything else.
>>
>> Not sure if it can happen while watch other recordings.
>>
> yep same here

And, are you two using known-working window managers?

The only reports I've seen of similar behavior that weren't positively
identified as focus issues are http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1036
and, peripherally, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1227 .

The issue in 1036 could not be debugged because the appropriate
information was never provided (but may have been the same as the issue
in 1227).  The issue in 1227 was fixed by
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/180403#180403 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/180552#180552 ,
both of which are in 0.19.

Mike