[mythtv-users] Xbox xebian 1.1.3 and LIRC and 0.19

Jack Lowry jrlowry376 at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 28 01:53:28 UTC 2006

Johan Kihlström wrote:

>>I'm installing myth 0.19 from Alex Fishers archive at
>>http://alexfisher.me.uk/debian
>>and a mirror of  Marillat's Debian  archive at
>>http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/debian-marillat/
>>
>>I'm using a Microsoft DVD remote and reciever, lirc is installed and irw
>>spits out the correct codes for each button.
>>
>>But the remote does not produce any controlling results in myth.
>>
>>Using x11vnc I can start mythwelcome and navigate myth using a keyboard.
>>
>>I guess I'm missing the piece that ties myth and lirc together.
>>
>>I've tried irxevent with no improvement.
>>
>>Thanx, Jack
>>

>You need a lircrc-file that maps keyevents, there is one on the
>xbox-linux site.
>
>Johan

I dug around on the xbox-linux searching for lirc and found this:
http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Xebian_HOWTO
which suggests pulling the lircrc file out of
http://bit.blkbk.com/mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz and putting copies in
/home/live/.lircrc and /home/live/.myth/lircrc running irexec and
mythfrontend.

Still no joy, any suggestions?

Thanx, Jack