[mythtv-users] Sound and Myth 0.19

Minh Duong minh_duong at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 04:24:41 UTC 2006

>>I've upgraded to 0.19 and began having problems with
>>sound. I can play older recordings and they have
>>sound. Recordings since the upgrade have no sound.
>>I've read through the list and see other people are
>>also having problems but none exactly like mine. I'm
>>running MythTV as backend/frontend with a PVR350.
>>Anybody seeing this too?
>>

>Had the same issue, turned out that ivtv also was
>upgraded to 0.4.3
>(tagged release) as was the kernel (2.6.15) at the
>same time.
>
>Seems that msp3400 is now added to the kernel, and
not >part of ivtv
>hence had to remove msp3400-ivtv from modprobe.conf
>Comment out alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv in
>modprobe.conf
>All is semifine, have sound but no volume keys...
>
>Check /var/log/messages (FC4) for msp3400 not
loaded... (My issue),
>mike g.

I checked my modprobe.conf and I don't have it in
there at all.  I don't see any messages of interest in
/var/log/messages.  BTW, I'm using FC3.

------------------------------
#Network card
alias eth0 3c59x

#lirc
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c

#ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv;
/sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_i2c