[mythtv-users] Transcoding and aspect ratio (DVB-T)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 28 15:39:01 UTC 2006

> I did, and it also says 1.77778, but the resulting file is still
> 1.33333. I also put in '2.0000' into SetVideoAspect(2.000), and it
> prints 2.000, but again, the file is 1.3333.

There is no other place that rewrites the header on the .nuv file, so if the
value is 1.77777 in the WriteHeader() method, then that is what goes into the
file.  Are you sure that the output file you are looking at is the right one?
Are you running mythtranscode from the command line, if so what command line
are you using?  IF you are running from the command line, then can you run
the command again but hit CTRL-C after 30 seconds or so so you have a partial
file created, then run nuvinfo on that.

> Well, as sure as I can be -- the problem occurs when opening through
> myth:// which filters through dsmyth, and from the file directly, which
> bypasses the dsmyth filter (but still uses the MythTV nuv splitter, I
> think).

If you're running under windows, something has to be parsing the nuppel header
on the file and it may be interpretting the data incorrectly.  Originally,
myth did not support the aspect field in the .nuv header, but that was fixed a
long time ago.  I assume

> Also, the nuvinfo tool result would seem to support my problem being
> somewhere in encoding too.

There isn't much that can be going wrong if you're seeing the right value in
WriteHeader().

I'd ask to have a copy of the file, but I don't think that will help any since
the player is detecting the aspect ratio properly.  If the above CTRL-C test
doesn't give any clues, is there any way you can send me the first couple megs
of both the original and transcoded files?

--
Chris