[mythtv-users] V4L Aspect ratio settings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 28 16:11:23 UTC 2006

> Can anyone tell me where the Aspect ratio for "Composite0" is set?
>
> My DVB is ok, but the analog capture via Composite is not displaying
> 16:9 .. looks like 4:3 but  I can't find where this is set for this device.

The software encoder (NuppelVideoRecorder) assumes 4:3 input and there's
currently no way to change it via a setting.

If this is the only card you have and you want to force it via a hack to
the source code, you can edit mythtv/libs/libmythtv/NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp
and search for "video_aspect = 1.33333;" in
NuppelVideoRecorder::NuppelVideoRecorder() and change that to
"video_aspect = 1.77777;" to force 16:9 aspect ratio in the .nuv file.

It wouldn't be that hard for someone to add support for an Aspect Ratio
setting for analog capturecards to use for what you're describing.

--
Chris