[mythtv-users] New Mac Mini, ultimate MythTV HD frontend?

WiFi Fun wififun at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:41:19 UTC 2006

For those with current MacMini's, have you had any luck using it for
playback of non HD myth tv content. I have a knoppmyth back/frontent
with .19 and the frontend on my mini stutters and chokes. The
recordings are PVRx50 at about 5mbps, over gige network. Though the
mini is only 100, throughput is not the problem. The frontend just
can't playback the video. On my wifes iMac g5, and my big PowerMac,
the frontend works fine. What do you current folks do with your mini's
as frontends? Though I think once it is compiled for intel macs, I may
sell my current one, and pick up a new one.