[mythtv-users] Keyboard not working if....

Denis-Carl Robidoux robde at touchtunes.com
Tue Feb 28 22:19:59 UTC 2006

Keyboard not working if X and mythfrontend application is started by
init.

That's a tenacious and very weird problem I got there.. I made a script
in /etc/rc.d/init.d/mythfrontend which starts X and starts the
mythfrontend application....

If I start it manually like typing /etc/rc.d/init.d/mythfrontend start
it works fine... but if I do a soft-link named
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99mythfrontend to the same script and reboot it will
start but the keyboard will absolutly not respond at all while the
mythfrontend application loads up on the screen nagging me totally, my
only solution is to ssh in from another PC, kill X and restart the
application (using the very same script) and then the keyboard will
work...

In other words, init does something to the keyboard and I have no clue
what it is.... anyone has any idea?