[mythtv-users] Keyboard not working if....

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 28 22:29:06 UTC 2006

Denis-Carl Robidoux wrote:

>Keyboard not working if X and mythfrontend application is started by
>init.
>
>In other words, init does something to the keyboard and I have no clue
>what it is.... anyone has any idea?

Google for controlling tty.....

Basically, if you start your process from init, it doesn't get a tty
(terminal) assigned to it.

AFAIK, the standard init doesn't provide a way to do what you want to
do, but I could be wrong.

If you use buysbox init, it specifically provides a  way to launch a
process with a tty, so you can interact with it....

It works fine if you start it, since it inherits your tty, along with
its keyboard...

Anyway, read the docs for init; perhaps there is a way to do it now....

--Yan