[mythtv-users] Re: Wits end

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers.42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 19:03:18 UTC 2006

Thanks to everyone. Purchased an s-video cable, and sound cable (dish
has 2 sets of outputs), it's now working :-)

3 small issues that are annoying, and google has not been helpful with.

1: I've googled, and found that I needed to edit (heavily)
my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to add;

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen1"
        Device          "VIA CLE266"
        Monitor         "TV"
        DefaultDepth    24
        DefaultFbbpp    32
        Subsection "Display"
          Depth 24
          FbBpp 32
          Modes "720x480"
        EndSubsection
EndSection

This helps immensely, but I still have the right & left side of the
picture with black bands. Not truly a full-screen like "real" tv. How
do I adjust this? If even possible?

2: Along those lines, the MythTV picture has the left and right borders
as unequal & wavy. If the TV was a monitor, I could adjust the monitor,
but not so with the TV. Is this even adjustable?

3:  I noticed that there is an occasional stutter in the sound &
picture. Once I am watching Live TV, this is not very noticeable, when
pressing "W", and going into "FILL" mode. If turn off "FILL" mode, then
their are streaking of the picture, and the choppiness is very
noticeable.

With the "FILL" option enable, the Live TV is muddied, where if I turn
off "FILL" the picture is crisp & clear.

Thanks to all for your help so far.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112