[mythtv-users] OSD Font has overlapping lines

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 3 05:19:43 UTC 2006

Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com> says:
> I'm playing around with different OSD themes.  I'd been using
> blueosd for a while but the program info was always cut off when I
> pulled it up on screen.  most of the other OSD's all have this
> different problem.

I've found that the Titivillus OSD has the twin benefits of being a)
least vulnerable to the overlapping-text bug and b) by far, in my
highly subjective (but surely correct) opinion, the best-looking
OSD. I'm trying Retro out after its recent appearance here, but
otherwise I also prefer the Titivillus theme to all others I've seen.

I'm surprised no one has yet made a mock-Tivo theme. Let's face it:
TiVo (and a lot of venture-capital financing) solved 90% of the UI
issues MythTV faces six years ago!