[mythtv-users] Updating list of HDTV tuners for the HOWTO

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Tue Jan 3 20:37:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 02:19:42PM -0600, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> The current HOWTO mentions two HDTV tuners specifically - the Air2PC and
> the PCHDTV series.
>
> According to the list at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_cards the following ATSC
> tuners are now supported:
>
> (Known to work)
>     *  The PCHDTV card
>     * The air2pc (1st gen)
>     * The air2pc (2nd gen)
>
> (Might potentially work)
>     * The air2pc hd5000 (3rd gen)
>     * The DViCO FusionHDTV 3 GOLD-Q
>     * The DViCO FusionHDTV 3 GOLD-T
>     * The DViCO FusionHDTV 5 GOLD
>     * The DViCO FusionHDTV 5 LITE
>     * The ATi HDTV Wonder
>     * The AVerMedia AVerTVHD A180
>
> I'd like to confirm that there are users successfully using this second
> group of cards.

I would suggest getting not just a yes or no answer but how well.  I
know the fusionHDTV 5 LITE does work, but it's a piece of junk,
especially when it comes to QAM, and so are a couple other cards
from what I've heard.

What I'm aware of is: (1 bad, 10 perfect)

Model			OTA	QAM 64	QAM 256
pcHDTV HD-2000		8	No	No
pcHDTV HD-3000		9	9	9
Air2pc (2nd gen)	9	2	7