[mythtv-users] Overkill...

CascadeHush cascadehush at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 4 13:26:29 UTC 2006

On 04/01/2006, at 11:10 PM, Jens Baumeister wrote:

> On 1/4/06, Ramses Smeyers <ramses at smeyers.be> wrote:
>
>> Yes, just run the backend and run the mythweb module to scheduele
>> the tv
>> programs (you can have one shot recordings or recurring recordings)
>
> You might want to look at mythlink.pl (from tthe contrib directory),
> too - makes it much easier to find the recordings at file system level
> by giving them all links with more comprehendable names.

Yes, that would be helpful... although I would probably know the file
based on the datestamp.  What I would like to do is move the recorded
programs to an organised set of directories and renamed based on what
program it is...

With the hauppage TV tuner application, I just shedule a time, select
the channel, and give it a filename/location... it works pretty well
most of the time.

But I'm sure these things are incidental... the main thing is I can
(Or at least I hope I will be able to) record stuff under linux...
that's the hard part.