[mythtv-users] Popup menus occasionally unresponsive with LIRC

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:32:28 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, David Ellis <david at ellisonline.ca> wrote:
> This problem is most noticeable after playing a video in Xine (for me
> anyways).

This problem is not connected to Xine fully (although I know the long-standing
focus bug of Xine which is also very annoying). I've experienced this
randomly since I started using MythTV (around 1-2 years ago).

Now I also get this problem in my dedicated MythFrontend box which hasn't
any window manager running at all - I just start MythFrontend as the
first client
in the X server.

This is quite an annoying problem, I'll try to debug it somehow (by attaching to
the mythfrontend process with gdb) when it occurs again.

There's also even more annoying problem with the dedicated box:
when I get 'back' from the recordings menu (try to get to the main
menu) the whole mythfrontend disappears sometimes. I get the classic X server
background with mouse cursor centered in it, and there's no way out of
the state without remotely restarting mythfrontend or reseting the box (I don't
have keyboard nor mouse connected to the box).

This problem might have something to do with the problem in topic, or
not, as I'm not sure
if the "mythfrontend" just gets "minimized/totally out of focus"
somehow. Sounds pretty
far-fetched though.

I'm not running the latest SVN, though, but a revision from around June '05.

--
--PJ