[mythtv-users] Twinhan VisionDTV Remote Control and USB dongle.

Richard Smith rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 09:50:03 UTC 2006

Tom Hughes wrote:

>In message <7fbb8bf90601040230k16cac7cbk1e32bb0265447cb6 at mail.gmail.com>
>        Michael Fox <fox.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>root at mythmbe1:/home/mythtv# ./usbhid-twinhan
>>Searching /lib/modules/2.6.12-9-386/kernel/drivers/usb/input/usbhid.ko
>>Found
>>Wrote ok
>>
>>However the remote doesn't appear to work correctly. Am I doing
>>something wrong. Do I connect the USB thing and then run the program?
>>Or before?
>>

>That program patches the module on disk so you will either need to
>unload and reload the usbhid module or reboot in order for the change
>to take effect.
>

>>What happens if the machine has a USB keyboard too?
>>

>It will probably knacker all the key mappings on the real keyboard.
>
>Tom

I'm told Paul's patch works wel if you have a kernel module but it's not
so hot is  it is built into the kernel.  In my case it is and given the
fragility of some of this stuff I really don't want to go that route.
When I feel brave i intend to investigate the xev solution, but when I
last looked I couldn't get the myth key mappings write.  A screen print
from mythweb would be an enormous help.....

Rick