[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-1100

Paul Faulkner paul at headwall.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 22:03:25 UTC 2006

Hiya. Trying to get an Hauppauge HVR-1100 working with MythTV and it
does, sort of. I'm using the v4l-dvb snapshot dated 26/Dec/2005 and a
MythTV svn checkout from today (06/Jan/2006). It works in that I can
scan for channels, EIT scanning works ok and watching live TV works.
This is where it goes wrong though. Watching Live TV is ok, but when I
change to another channel (either by browsing or via the EPG) the TV
works but I'm no longer able to use the keyboard or remote control. I
then have to restart mythfrontend to watch another channel. I've tried
restarting LIRC in the background but I doubt this is the problem as
it's the same effect when using a regular keyboard on an X desktop. I've
tried it with a MythTV svn from mid December and one from today
(06/Jan/2006). With mid-December's svn checkout everything was working
very nicely with my Hauppauge PVR-500 and IVTV 0.4.0 and since then the
only things I've changed are:
* Adding the --enable-dvb flag when running configure for mythtv.
* Replacing the 2.6.13 kernel's v4l to the 26/Dec/2005 v4l-dvb.
Does anyone else have any experience of their remote/keybaord stopping
working after changing channel once?
Thanks
headwall