[mythtv-users] Can't launch nuv-file using the mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 7 01:10:47 UTC 2006

Marlies Dorfer wrote:

> I’m using fc3 and mythtv-0.18.1. Almost everything works fine, except
> for one function à launch the recordings through the web interface.
>
> It’s no problem to watch the movie using the front-end, but every time
> clicking the thumbnail my browser hangs itself up. I already checked
> if there is a symbolic link in the directory …
>
> Hopefully somebody can give me a hint or help me & sorry for my bad
> English ;-)

You sure it's locking up? Most likely the browser is just downloading
the file. Once the file is downloaded (5 minutes or 8 hours
later--depending on bandwidth), the browser will start the "helper"
application associated with the filetype (i.e. the media player) and
tell it where to find the file.

If you're using Windows, I've heard the dsmyth filters allow you to
start watching immediately when using a "myth://" URL. If note, look
into MythStreamTV (not MythStream).

Mike