[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Matt Hannan matthannan1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 01:36:46 UTC 2006

Oy vey. I am starting to think this is not possible.

I have been to the weirdest forums and lists on the web. ANYTHING that
Google has with "mythmusic ppc {fedora, fc4, gentoo, ubuntu, debian,
etc}" and it is all coming down like this:

* [mythtv-users] MythMusic static noise on PPC *

Greetings!

Trying to run
mythmusic on my setup, a PegasosII PPC
running Gentoo.
Everything else
works fine as far as audio and video go
(aside from live
tv, I just haven't
gotten around to testing that yet). Yet
with
mythmusic, the audio is a loud
constant static noise. I can't make any

music out of it. This is true for
both mp3 and ogg.

Thinking it may
be an oss issue, I tried xmms with oss
output and that
worked fine.

This sounds like it might be an
endian issue. Is there a known fix for

this?

mythtv-0.18.1-r2 (from
gentoo) and
mythmusic-0.18.1 (from
gentoo as well)

Thanks for your
time,

-Corey

Never with reply. MythMusic just will not work on ppc/Linux. At least
not with .18.1. Looks like it did work in the .17's with Gentoo and
Ubuntu Hoary, but no references ever to FC4.

Well, it would have been nice, but I can not spend any more time on
this. If the developers do not see it as a priority, there is no way
[i]I[/i] am ever going to get it to work!

Gonna go load OSX up again and learn to love iTunes.
Brad, send me more iTunes tips offline. Maybe I can create keyboard
mappings on the remote.

Thanks for the conversation, folks.

Matt