[mythtv-users] HD-3000, FC4, PVR-250/500
lynchseattle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:44:44 UTC 2006
I'm hoping someone has some ideas on what to look at. I recently updated my
Sempron 3000+ box for HD, but so far it's not been going too well :) It was
an FC3 box but I updated it over the past few days to FC4 thinking this
would be the best time to do it.
I've got X running at 1080i but now I'm struggling to get the HD-3000 to
work on ATSC. A quick list of what I have set up so far:
- Running latest stable IVTV 4 on 2.6.14-1.1653 with Myth .18.1
- The box has a PVR-250 and a PVR-500 already
- Installed the firmware for the HD-3000 DVB
- I'm using kernel tveeprom instead of the IVTV one per messages I've seen
- I have done mythtvsetup and successfully scanned channels and mapped them
to my Zap2It config
- Using a tool on the pcHDTV site, I can scan and detect channels over ATSC
with the card. At least I know it's *working*.
At this point I can't cat anything on /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 - nothing shows
up. I've removed all cards in Myth and am just trying this one but I get a
black screen and then it comes back shortly thereafter to the main menu. At
this point I'm just not sure what to do... for some reason with these
changes I can also not get my second PVR-500 tuner to work, but I'm less
worried about that right now. I'd really like to see some HDTV come through
the new board!
Here's what I have in my modprobe.conf:
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
alias char-major-81-3 cx8800
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
Anyone have any ideas?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users