[mythtv-users] Re: Lost Sound on PVR-350

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Jan 7 18:26:07 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Can you try to coinstall the rpm based bits and see whether that
> works? Then start changing the parts one by one, e.g. make sure you
> can build the desired ivtv driver on that kernel first, and then for
> your custom kernel.

I need a little more detail on your plan, Axel:

1. Which rpm based bits? Mythtv? Do you want me to try the stock kernel?
If I use the stock kernel, do you want me to use the RPM based drivers too?

2. Start changing the bits how? Delete the i386? The x86_64?

3. Build the desired ivtv driver on "that" kernel? Which kernel? I have
successfully built ivtv on the two custom kernels I have been playing with.

Both 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 load with no error messages on the two kernels I
have used (2.6.13.2 and 2.6.14.4).

Thanks,
Kirk