[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup for slaves...

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:27:56 UTC 2006

I've noticed a number of questions on the list and a few
instances of confusion on my part all of which were due
to the fact that mythtv-setup on slaves shows some
settings that pertain to the master backend.

It would seem that these should be hidden when mythtv-setup
is run on a slave.

It would end a lot of confusion.  There are
some settings that are not at all obvious that they refer to
the master, and others that are clearly labled as pertaining
to the master.

I think you could ssh to the master and run mythtv-setup
there if you were running it headless, so I don't see the
need to make master settings on a slave, especially since
some of these (may) require a mythbackend restart.