[mythtv-users] Sorting shows by name

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 8 03:06:21 UTC 2006

Jens Baumeister wrote:

>On 1/7/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>

>>Chris Rouch wrote:
>>
>>>It would also be nice to ignore the leading
>>>'The' (or 'Le', 'La', 'De', 'Het' etc.), so that e.g. The West Wing
>>>appears amongst the 'W's.
>>>
>>It does.  It ignores "The", "A", and "An" (or their translations, as
>>appropriate).  (Don't know fore sure when this went in--so it might not
>>be in 0.18--but it's definitely been in SVN for a _long_ time.)
>>

>My 0.18.1 correctly ignores the "The", but it doesn't handle German
>articles - would be a nice touch if that's fixed in SVN. (Is it tied
>to the language setting?

Yes.  It's using the translation.  Do you have titles in multiple languages?

> "Die" is an article in German but obviously
>not in English - it's the opposite for "An" which should be treated as
>an article in English but not in German.)

The relevant message for the translation (in i18n/mythfrontend_de.ts) is:

    <message>
        <source>^(The |A |An )</source>
        <translation>^(Der |Die |Das |Ein |Eine )</translation>
    </message>

If there's a problem with this translation, please alert Oscar.

Mike