[mythtv-users] HD-3000, FC4, PVR-250/500

Chris Lynch lynchseattle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 09:54:00 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:

> You shouldn't need a cable, it should be embedded. When you cat the dvr0
> device do you get sound with mplayer?
>
> Its possible that your somehow attached/tuned to the wrong audio stream.
> You have both a audio and a video pid that you need to connect to. You
> can see those streams when you use dvbtraffic from dvb-apps after you've
> just tuned to the channel frequency. I had to go out and manually put
> them together on a frequency where I recieved 3 channels here in phx.

I *think* I'm a little closer, but still somewhat struggling after playing
with this a few hours.  Is there a way to tell Myth to use specific audio
PIDs?  I can't seem to find a way to do this and worked through a number of
channels as you described above, but am not sure what else I can give myth
outside of the PIDs themselves.

I do get sound when playing back from mplayer something I cat from dvr0.
The catch is that if I play back I really have to specify -ac hwac3 for
mplayer.  This got me thinking that maybe Myth is not pasing AC3 out to my
spdif port.  I *do* have the MythTV option to pass AC3 turned on and I'm
using the .asoundrc from Jarod's site with mixed digital for ALSA.

Is anyone else sending AC3 from a DVB stream over SPDIF?  If so, what does
your .asoundrc look like?

Thanks,

Chris